The Tohatsu 5 hp 4-stroke gives you that peace of mind you need when purchasing an outboard. With Tohatsu’s excellence in engineering, you can be assured that you are choosing an engine that will be with you for years to come.
The 5 hp features a new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class and with reduced emissions and exceptional fuel economy, this little 5hp 4-stroke is cleaner burning while also keeping your cost at the gas pump down.
Tohatsu 5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
- Newly designed holding grip and larger carrying handle
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Front Mounted Shift Lever
The new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for better drivability.
Longer Tiller Handle
The tiller handle has been extended 110mm from previous models for easier access and maneuverability.
Larger Carrying Handle and newly designed Holding Grip on bottom cowl
A newly installed holding grip on the bottom of the cowl as well as a larger carrying handle makes transporting this compact model even easier.
Propeller Hub Exhaust
Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||5 hp (3.7 kw)|
|Displacement||123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6" - 9"|
|Transom Height||15", 20"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||15 fl. oz. (450 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||3.1 US Gal. (12 Lit) Separate Fuel Tank|
|Weight*||55 lbs. (25 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A|
|Max. RPM Range||4,500 - 5,500|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Oil Pressure Warning||S|
|Shallow Water Drive||S|
|Model||MSRP||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Tiller Handle||Remote Fuel Tank||Propeller|