The 200 hp powerful four stroke has a compact 24 valve Single Overhead Cam (SOHC) and narrow V6 design which offers top performance and durability as well as great fuel economy. A Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is an easy start and instant throttle response. The BFT200 has a high output 90A alternator that produces 60A charging amps.
With even more features like Lean Burn Control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds, Boosted Low Speed Torque to deliver an exceptional hole shot and a built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing, the BFT 200 hp has the reliability and convenience you need but still delivers all the power you want.
Tohatsu 200 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- High output 90A alternator that produces 60A charging amps
- Available in 20” & 25” shaft lengths, standard or counter rotation
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Painted interior cooling passages for extra protection against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Dual stage induction for improved performance
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Boosted low speed torque helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- 3-way cooling system to help protect against overheating
- Heavy-duty 5" diameter gear case built to withstand extreme conditions
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port programmed fuel injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Low battery voltage warning
- Water in fuel warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot".
ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency
ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance
Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency.
Large Displacement V6
A poweful compact 24 valve Single Overhead Cam [SOHC] design. The narrow V6 design offers top performance and durability as well as great fuel economy.
Dual Stage Induction - Breathing easier improves performance
BFT 225 has a unique variable intake system which optimizes air flow to match the engine's speed. The results are maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
4-front Corrosion Protection System
A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||6 Cylinder SOHC, 60? V6, 24 Valve|
|Output||200 hp (149.1 kw)|
|Displacement||3,471 cc (211.7 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||89 x 93 mm (3.5 x 3.7 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Transom Height||20", 25"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||2.1 gal. (7.8 L) with filter|
|Weight*||584 lbs. (265 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 720W, 90A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,000 - 6,000|
|Programmed Fuel Injection||S|
|Digital CD Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Power Trim and Tilt||S|
|Oil Pressure Warning||S|
|Model||MSRP||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Remote Control||Power