Looking for super power? Our largest, highest horsepower four stroke outboard, the BFT 250 hp, brings a large displacement 3.5 liter V6. This narrow v6 design offers top performance and durability, as well as great fuel economy. The high output alternator provides a 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps.
Reliability and durability are covered with the 250hp engine’s painted interior cooling passages, providing extra protection against corrosion. Another feature of the 250hp four stroke is the Electronic Control Module. This allows engine data to be interfaced with on-board system displays, such as SONAR or GPS. The BFT 250 hp has another industry-first; separate dual air circuits. This system provides cooler, denser air for better combustion as compared to conventional under-cowl induction systems. Cooler air for your motor, means more horsepower for you!
Tohatsu 250 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- High output alternator that produces 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps
- Large Displacement 3.5 Litre V6
- Available in 20”, 25" & 30” shaft lengths. Standard and Counter rotation
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Dual Stage Induction for improved performance
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Boosted low speed torque helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- Variable valve timing and lift control
- 3-Way Cooling System to help protect against overheating
- Heavy duty 5” diameter gear case built to withstand extreme conditions
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Separate dual air intake cowling design to help keep your engine's critical components cool
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Low battery voltage warning
- Water in fuel warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds
Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot".
ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency
ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class.
Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control
system provides power where and when you need it. This gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine's operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel efficiency.
Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance
Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency.
Large Displacement V6
A poweful compact 24 valve Single Overhead Cam [SOHC] design. The narrow V6 design offers top performance and durability as well as great fuel economy.
Separate Dual Air Circuits - Cooler air, more horsepower
The BFT250 has another industry-first; separate dual air circuits. The first is used to cool the engine where air is drawn into the front of engine and circulated around critical engine components. A top mounted cooling fan draws cooling air over the alternator. The second intake circuit directs cooling air from the upper intake vents, separates out moisture, and then inducts it into the throttle body. This system provides for cooler, denser air for better combustion as compared to conventional under-cowl induction systems.
4-front Corrosion Protection System
A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||6 Cylinder SOHC, 60? V6, 24 Valve|
|Output||250 hp (186.4 kw)|
|Displacement||3,583 cc (218.6 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||89 x 96 mm (3.5 x 3.8 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Ignition System||MicroComputer Programmed|
|Transom Height||20", 25", 30"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||2.1 gal. (7.8 L) with filter|
|Weight*||613 lbs. (278 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 720W, 90A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,300 - 6,300|
|Programmed Fuel Injection||Standard|
|Digital CD Ignition System||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Power Trim and Tilt||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Variable Valve Timing & Lift Control||Standard|
|Model||MSRP||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Remote Control||Power