Navigate through shallow waters with Tohatsu’s 25hp Jet Drive TLDI®. This outboard has been designed to allow you to open up a new world of hunting and fishing spots. With a jet-drive, you can explore waters that are difficult to reach with a propeller-driven outboard.
Equipped with a factory-installed jet drive, this new engine uses the power of our 40hp TLDI® and is also backed by a 5 year limited warranty. Make this rugged new outboard your partner on the water today and find your new favorite fishing spot tomorrow!
Tohatsu 25 hp JET TLDI® Benefits
- Air assisted direct fuel injection system that provides excellent fuel economy
- Extremely quiet operation
- Excellent horsepower-to-weight ratio
- Lightweight and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Inductive ignition system for reliable starting
- Oil reservoir located on the top of the motor for quicker and easier refill onboard
- Multi-point oil injection system to more completely lubricate vital engine components
- Remote control box**
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- User adjustable idle and trolling speeds
Warning and Protection
- Low oil level warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
The TLDI® series are Tohatsu's award winning outboard motors that have an established reputation for being compact in size while demonstrating highly desired features such as low emissions and high fuel economy that are demanded by the new generation of boaters.
They are powered by a direct fuel injection system and a 32 bit ECU (Engine Control Unit). The ECU gives precise fuel injection instructions in accordance to the operating conditions detected by the multiple sensors located on the motor. The TLDI® outboard motors meets all of the emission regulations stipulated by EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air Resources Board).
Click here to read our TLDI® series "Frequently Asked Questions" page.
Engine Control Unit (ECU)
The 32 bit engine control unit controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for TLDI® outboards.
One of TLDI®'s essential engine components that is the driving force in achieving stabilized fuel injection.
Direct fuel Injection into Cylinders
Due to the intrinsic design of the chamber on the cylinder head, the finely atomized fuel mist created by the fuel injector is injected near the spark plug to achieve ideal combustion.
The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems through the meter indicator and warning lamp. (Remote models only.)
3-Step Trolling Speed Control
The idling speed can be set to any of the three rpm ranges, 700, 800 or 900, by adjusting it on your key switch. This feature allows you to select the ideal trolling speed for maneuvering during a variety of current and wind conditions.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||3|
|Output||Jet Pump 25hp (18.4 kw) Horsepower 40 hp (29.5 kw)|
|Displacement||697 cc (42.5 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||68 x 64 mm (2.68 x 2.52 in)|
|Control Type||Remote Control or Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||Premium TCW-3 or Recommended|
|Weight*||196.2 lbs. (89 kg)|
|Alternator Output||12V, 280W, 23A|
|Max. RPM Range||5,150 - 5,850|
|Direct Fuel Injection||S|
|Inductive Ignition System||S|
|Start In Gear Protection||S|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||S|
|Power Trim and Tilt||S|
|Variable Idle Speed||700, 800, 900 rpm|
|Model||MSRP||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Electric Start||Tiller Handle||Remote Control||12V Charging