When you have a small boat that needs small power, look to Tohatsu’s 4 hp 4-stroke. It provides reliable horsepower while also providing cleaner emissions for you and the environment.
Small in size, this 4 hp has an internal fuel tank built into the motor and a front located fuel tank cap for hassle-free outings on the water. And it includes a built-in external fuel tank connector so you can hook up an external fuel tank for longer outings. Let this Tohatsu 4 hp provide you with the perfect compact, fuel-efficient power you need!
Tohatsu 4 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
- Newly designed holding grip and larger carrying handle
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Front Mounted Shift Lever
The new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for better drivability.
Longer Tiller Handle
The tiller handle has been extended 110mm from previous models for easier access and maneuverability.
Larger Carrying Handle and newly designed Holding Grip on bottom cowl
A newly installed holding grip on the bottom of the cowl as well as a larger carrying handle makes transporting this compact model even easier.
With a built-in fuel tank conveniently located on top, the 4 hp becomes ready for cruising quickly and without taking up extra space in the boat. An external fuel fitting also comes standard with this model to allow the motor to hook up to a remote fuel tank as well.
Propeller Hub Exhaust
Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||4 hp (2.9 kw)|
|Displacement||123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6" - 9"|
|Transom Height||15", 20"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||15 fl. oz. (450 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||0.29 US Gal. (1.1 Lit) Integral Tank (4hp includes an External Fuel Tank Connector installed on engine to allow user to use an optional external fuel tank)|
|Weight*||57 lbs. (26 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A|
|Max. RPM Range||4,500 - 5,500|
|Digital CD Ignition System||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Shallow Water Drive||Standard|
|Model||MSRP||Shaft Length||Cylinders||Tiller Handle||Remote Fuel Tank||Propeller|