When you have a small boat that needs reliable power, look to Tohatsu’s 4 hp 4-stroke. It provides Tohatsu’s legendary quality while also providing cleaner emissions for you and the environment.
This portable best-seller has been upgraded with newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products with ergonomically designed front and back carrying handles.
In addition, you can now store your engine in 3 different positions without worrying about oil spillage.
*Please refer to Owner's Manual for storage and transportation guidelines.
Tohatsu 4 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about oil spill
- Light and compact
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Newly designed Tohatsu’s unique front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
Front & Back Large Carry Handles
Ergonomically designed new Large Front & Back Carrying Handles which allow easier carry and transportation from having one handle positioned slightly below another.
3-way storage positions (Port, Front & Starboard side down) without worrying about oil spill. *Please refer to Owner's Manual for storage and transportation.
Front Mounted Shift Lever
The new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for better drivability.
Longer Tiller Handle
The tiller handle has been extended 110mm from previous models for easier access and maneuverability.
With a built-in fuel tank conveniently located on top, the 4 hp becomes ready for cruising quickly and without taking up extra space in the boat. An external fuel fitting also comes standard with this model to allow the motor to hook up to a remote fuel tank as well.
Propeller Hub Exhaust
Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||4 hp (2.9 kw)|
|Displacement||123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral - Reverse|
|Propeller Selection Range||6" - 9"|
|Transom Height||15", 20"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||15 fl. oz. (450 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||0.3 US Gal. (1.15 Lit) Integral Tank (4hp includes an External Fuel Tank Connector installed on engine to allow user to use an optional external fuel tank)|
|Weight*||57 lbs. (26 kg)|
|Alternator Output||Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A|
|Max. RPM Range||4,500 - 5,500|
|Digital CD Ignition System||Standard|
|Start In Gear Protection||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|
|Oil Pressure Warning||Standard|
|Shallow Water Drive||Standard|