Don’t limit your hunting and fishing locations. With Tohatsu’s 40hp Jet Drive four stroke EFI you can reach waters that are difficult to reach with a propeller-driven outboard.
This engine uses the power of our 60hp four stroke EFI and is also backed by a 5 year limited warranty. Choose this model and you can expect a reliable, tough engine that will be your partner out on the water.
Tohatsu 40 hp JET 4-Stroke Benefits
- Sleek design with monochrome tilt handle
- SOHC with unique 9-Valve Design
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- MicroComputer Programmed ignition system for quicker starts
- High output 21 amp alternator
- Power trim & tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 950 rpm’s
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
Warning & Protection
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
SOHC 9-Valve and Roller Rocker Arms
SOHC with unique 9-Valve Design with roller rocker arms provide minimal friction offering quicker throttle response more durable against wear and tear.
Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models.
The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
Variable Idling System
allows trolling speed (RPM) to be adjusted in four levels from 650rpm to 950rpm (100rpm each) using the key-switch.
Built-in freshwater flushing system
Standard built-in freshwater flushing system simplifies routine engine flushing.
Audio Visual Warning System
The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems such as low oil pressure, low battery, and overheat, through the built-in warning lights. (For models equipped with a tachometer)
|Jet Pump 40 hp (29.4 kw) Horsepower 60 hp (44.1 kw)
|866 cc (52.9 cu.in.)
|Bore x Stroke
|70 x 75 mm (2.76 x 2.95 in)
|Remote or Tiller
|Forward - Neutral - Reverse
|Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher
|NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil**
|0.63 gal. (2.4 L) w/filter
|237 lbs. (107.5 kg)
|12V, 252W, 21A
|Max. RPM Range
|5,000 - 6,000
|Electronic Fuel Injection
|Start In Gear Protection
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System
|Power Trim and Tilt
|Oil Pressure Warning
|Variable Idle Speed