This portable best-seller has been upgraded with newly designed top and bottom cowl based on the Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products using Simpliq™ Technology with ergonomically designed front and back carrying handles.
In addition, you can now store your engine in 3 different positions without worrying about oil spillage.
*Please refer to Owner's Manual for storage and transportation guidelines.
The 3.5 hp is lightweight and has a four point vibration absorption system to minimize vibration. And with sensational fuel economy this little compact 3.5hp engine has it all; making it one of the best choices available for portable outboard power.
Tohatsu 3.5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Newly designed top and bottom cowls based on Tohatsu Design Philosophy for Marine Products
- 3-way storage positions without worrying about oil spill
- Newly designed front and back carrying handles for easier transportation
- Water cooled and thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Digital CD ignition system for easier starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Forward-neutral shifting with 360° steering
- Easy to check oil level gauge indicator located on the engine's side
- Light and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
This Tohatsu patented powerhead design is tilted 15 degrees to the right inside the lower motor cover to create a compact top cowling design and also help with portability.
The twist type throttle control is provided on the steering handle for quick steering as well as one-handed operation to assure your safety.
360° Full Pivot Steering
The outboard can be turned to any direction, up to 360 degrees, for simple steering that is needed for small boats.
Oil Level Sight-Gauge
Conveniently located on the side of the motor, the oil level sight- gauge makes it easy to check the oil level without having to remove the cowling.
Four Point Vibration Absorb System
The specifically designed motor mounting system efficiently absorbs vibration at all rpm ranges.
|Engine (No. of Cylinder)||1|
|Output||3.5 hp (2.6 kw)|
|Displacement||85.5 cc (5.2 cu.in.)|
|Bore x Stroke||55 x 36 mm (2.17 x 1.42 in)|
|Control Type||Tiller Handle|
|Gear Shift||Forward - Neutral|
|Propeller Selection Range||4.5" - 7"|
|Transom Height||15", 20"|
|Fuel||Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)|
|Oil Type||NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)|
|Oil Capacity||10 fl. oz. (300 mL)|
|Fuel Tank||0.26 US Gal. (1 Lit.) Integral Tank|
|Weight*||41 lbs. (18.4 kg)|
|Max. RPM Range||5,000 - 6,000|
|Digital CD Ignition System||Standard|
|Thermostat Controlled Cooling System||Standard|